The overall project goal is to improve knowledge of the historical facts in the border region and to establish, intensify and secure the long-term cooperation between organisations that impart this knowledge.
- First of all, the result is a digital inventory of the memory locations, on which all documents, specialist literature and image material are made publicly accessible and available
- Second, an interactive map of the approximately 60 memory locations on both sides of the border is created, with basic information in German, Hungarian and English as well as links to the digital inventory
- Thirdly, a joint circulating exhibition is created, which is shown in various locations in the region, combined with discussion events with the historical experts involved
- In Hungary, an exhibition (city of Mosonmagyaróvár) or a local exhibition and mediation concept (city of Kőszeg) is created.
- A central element of the dissemination are workshops in schools in the regions involved, the results of which are also incorporated into the digital inventory
Overcoming the confrontational culture of remembrance is only possible through cross-border cooperation between historians and educators who are involved as strategic partners. The possibilities of digital media make it easier to establish a new cross-border, regional culture of remembrance.
January 2020 - June 2022
Interreg Austria-Hungary 2014-2020
IZ - Vielfalt, Dialog, Bildung (AT), Documentation Centre of Austrian Resistance (AT), Province of Burgenland (AT), office of the self-government des Landkreises Vas (HU), West Pannon Regional and Economic Development Public Nonprofit Ltd. (HU), municipal administration of Győr-Moson-Sopron (HU)